Acreage: 3, 366.
Population: 1911, 377; 1921, 356; 1931, 331.
Leamington Hastings is a parish and scattered village 4 miles north-east of Southam. The river Leam, from which the name is derived, forms the northern boundary and receives two tributaries; one flows north-west from Grandborough and, with several branches, one rising at the hamlet of Broadwell, drains the eastern part of the parish; the other flows due north from Stockton and forms the western boundary. The land is fairly flat, rising from 233 ft. where the road from Southam to Rugby crosses the Leam at Kites Hardwick or Thurlaston Bridge to 339 ft. where this road receives a branch from Napton near the southwest corner of the parish. The only other road of present-day importance is that running from Hill in the centre of the parish, through Leamington Hastings village to Birdingbury and Marton; but there are numerous unmetalled roads and tracks, one of which, running from Hill across Grandborough Fields towards Flecknoe and Staverton (Northants.) seems to have once been more frequently used; the inhabitants of the parish, who had been presented at Quarter Sessions for its non-repair, had by Michaelmas 1637 done this 'well and sufficiently'. This road is described as that from Leamington Hastings to Daventry. The Warwick branch of the Oxford Canal runs along the southern edge of the parish parallel to the WeedonLeamington Spa branch of the former L.M.S. Railway, whose station of Napton and Stockton is just within its borders, but the station nearest the village is Birdingbury, 1½ miles away on the Rugby-Leamington branch. There is no woodland in the parish except for a few small copses. Besides the main village there are three hamlets, Broadwell, Hill, and Kites Hardwick, each at one time a separate manor; Broadwell has a separate post office, a Church of England mission church and a Methodist chapel, and Hardwick a mission room, but the population, at less than 1 person to 10 acres, is distinctly sparse. Most of the land was in pasture but much has now been converted to arable.
Among famous men connected with Leamington Hastings are Sir Thomas Trevor (1586–1656), a 17th-century lord of the manor, Baron of the Exchequer and parliamentarian judge, and Richard Congreve (1818–99), the Positivist, who was a native.
Some interesting particulars are contained in an early-17th-century document endorsed 'A Note of the p'ticuler commodities of Lemmington Hastings', printed in Collectanea Topographica et Genealogica (vol. i, pp. 293–4). The glebe land of Ougham and Westcroft (in Kites Hardwick) was capable of supporting 10 milch cows besides 'rearers' and two or three hundred sheep, and also contained 4 yard land of corn and hay. The tithe corn of the parish had been sold to certain Coventry men for 200 marks a year, reckoning corn at 18d. the bushel, and was now considered worth at least £200 yearly; the tithes of wool had been sold for £40 yearly. The demesnes of the manor comprised over 600 acres, 'all inclosure for corne, sheepe and meadowe'; 1, 000 sheep could be kept on them.
About 1665 Thomas Gill gave to Sir Thomas Wheler and other trustees lands in the common fields of Leamington for the building of a school and a hospital. Some two years later his widow Susan Gill opposed the proposal to inclose the fields, on the ground that they produced good crops and that inclosure would ruin the freeholders and cause depopulation. The inclosure, however, was carried through, and a portion allotted as the Poor's Land was charged with providing £25 yearly for the school.