Locksmith training courses online
Locksmiths install locks and security systems in homes, businesses, cars, safes, and vaults. Penn Foster Career School offers training that can help you take the first steps toward pursuing a career as a locksmith. Here are a few qualities that effective locksmiths have in common:
- Detail oriented: It’s important to have a sharp eye and check things twice.
- Problem solver: Finding the missing piece can be challenging and rewarding.
- Persistent: You work until the job is done, and done well.
- Honest: You are ethical in your work for customers.
I would rate Penn Foster ten stars [out of ten]—if you’re on a budget, it’s the best school to work around your schedule. The practical exercises have you making a lot by hand, and they were very challenging. Give it a shot—you won’t regret it. I guarantee it.
- Steve A., Professional Locksmithing Graduate
The Penn Foster Professional Locksmithing Program has made it possible for me to start working on setting up my own business as a locksmith and security systems installer. To anyone thinking about enrolling in the Professional Locksmithing Program or any other programs offered by Penn Foster... just do it because it is a big bonus in life.
- Russell U., Professional Locksmithing Graduate
This program has greatly increased my skill level as a Locksmith. I can do much more now. The program was great. It has made me a much better Locksmith.
- Paul W., Professional Locksmithing Graduate
Your program includes:
- Customized payment plans with 0% interest
- Books, learning aids, tools, and Kwikset® and Papaiz® locks
- Goal-setting and progress-tracking tools
- Instructional support from our experienced faculty
- Your personalized online student homepage and learning portal
Does Penn Foster Career School provide Locksmith students with any hands-on materials?
Yes, as locksmith students progress through their courses they will receive a variety of tools and materials, including Kwikset® and Papaiz® products, for use during their studies and are theirs to keep.